What Is an ORV?
An Off-Highway Vehicle (ORV) is a motor-driven, off-road recreational vehicle capable of cross-country travel without benefit of a road or trail. It may travel on land, snow, ice, marsh, swampland, or other natural terrain.
ORVs are multi-track or multi-wheel drive vehicles that include, but are not limited to:
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Motorcycles or related 2-wheel, 3-wheel, or 4-wheel vehicles
- Utility terrain vehicles (UTVs) and other 4x4 vehicles
- Amphibious machines
- Ground-effect air-cushion vehicles such as hovercrafts
- Other means of transportation deriving power from a source other than muscle or wind