Causes of Accidents
Speed is a major factor in motorcycle accidents.
When riding off-road, you usually can avoid another cause of motorcycle accidents: drivers of larger vehicles who disregard the motorcyclist’s rights. Most often, the driver of the larger vehicle claims he or she “didn’t see” the motorcycle.
Other factors in accidents include the motorcyclist’s lack of skills or training:
- Turning too wide and losing control
- Drinking alcohol, which impairs the ability to perform basic maneuvers
- Operate at a safe speed.
- Make yourself visible to other drivers.
- Practice skills in a safe area before exploring more difficult areas.
- Always observe regulations.
- Never drink and ride.