To ensure safety during your practice exercises, use the same procedures and safety measures you would use for serious off-road riding.
- Make sure younger operators practice under the direct visual supervision of an adult.
- Do not practice alone. Bring an experienced rider who can help you improve your skills or assist in an emergency.
- Be sure the course is free of obstacles and hazards.
- Maintain a safe speed at all times.
- Don’t use alcohol or drugs.
- Wear proper clothing and safety gear, which must include a DOT–approved crash helmet and approved eye protection.