Turning an ORV isn’t simply a matter of turning the handlebars. You need to shift your weight to avoid losing control.
To practice, place two markers about 60 feet apart and ride in an oval around the markers. Stay in first gear as you ride around the oval in both directions. Remember to:
- Keep both feet firmly on the footrests.
- Keep your eyes focused on your path.
- Lean forward and into the turns.
- As you approach a turn, slow down. As you come out of the turn, gradually speed up again.
- If an ATV starts to tip, lean farther into the turn.
- If your turns are too wide, slow down more as you approach the turn and lean farther into the turn.