Starting procedures vary from model to model, so consult your owner’s manual. Typically, you will:
- Point the ORV in a safe direction.
- Put the transmission in neutral or park.
- Set the parking brake.
- Turn on the fuel valve.
- Make sure the engine stop switch is in the “run” or “on” position.
- Put the choke in the “on” position if the engine is cold.
- Start the engine.
Starting a Motorcycle
Check your owner’s manual for details about starting your motorcycle. Most motorcycles use a kick-start system.
- Check the following conditions before starting.
- The fuel is on.
- The ignition is on.
- The motorcycle is in neutral.
- The key or switch is in the “start” or “on” position.
- If the engine is cold, use the choke until it runs smoothly. Then move the choke to the “off” position.