Long pants and long-sleeved shirt or jacket:
- Protect against scratching from branches.
- Provide some cushion if you fall or collide with an object.
- Protect you from heat exhaustion or sunburn during warm weather.
- Provide warmth and protection from hypothermia during cold weather.
For best protection, use off-road riding gear:
- Pants with kneepads
- Chest and shoulder protectors
- Riding belt for lower-back support
- Off-road-style boots that protect your lower legs, ankles, and feet
Cold Weather Riding
In cold weather, clothing that works well for snowmobile riders is also ideal for most ORV enthusiasts.