Consult your owner’s manual for information on turning your ORV properly.
In general, you should:
- Turn at low to medium speeds.
- Move forward on the seat, and lean in the direction of the turn.
- Turn the handlebars while keeping your eyes on the intended path.
- Increase your speed slightly as you come out of the turn.
- If an ATV begins to tip, lean farther into the turn and gradually reduce your speed.
When making slow or quick turns on a motorcycle, you must shift your weight and make other adjustments.
- On slow turns:
- Shift your weight away from the turning direction.
- If necessary, brake, shift, or throttle, depending on the speed and sharpness of the turn.
- For quick turns to avoid unexpected obstacles:
- Lean quickly in the direction you want to turn.
- Push on the inside of the handlegrip on the same side (to turn right, push right).