Making Quick Stops on a Turn
Being able to come to a quick stop while making a turn is also useful. Set up the same course used for braking in a turn.
- From marker #1, speed up into second gear. Pass to the right of marker #2, and turn left toward marker #3.
- At marker #3, apply the brakes and stop in as short a distance as possible. Remember to downshift into first gear.
- If the ORV swerves to one side, make sure that your body is centered on the machine and that you’re looking straight ahead.
- If the front of the ORV skids, ease up on the front brake.
- If the rear of the ORV skids, ease up on the rear brake and downshift more smoothly.
- Repeat the exercise passing to the left of marker #2 and turning right toward marker #4.