Goggles (or Other Eye Protection)
- Protect you from hazards—branches, road debris, and insects—which can distract or even blind you.
- Sunglasses do not provide adequate protection—use goggles or a face shield.
- Choose eye protection that is DOT–approved.
- Wear tinted lenses appropriate for your lighting conditions—gray for bright days, yellow for overcast days, and clear for evenings and nights.
- Make sure your eye protection is:
- Free from scratches
- Securely fastened at all times
- Well-ventilated to avoid fogging