About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed New Hampshire OHRV/Snowmobile Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your New Hampshire OHRV/Snowmobile Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

You may not operate your vehicle on the traveled portion or within the right-of-way of any public way unless there are signs posted that specifically allow OHRV or snowmobile operation. This includes roads, streets, highways, bridges, or any other public ways that are maintained by any city, town, county, state, or federal agency.

Crossing Roads and Highways

To cross a public way, you must:

  • Be 12 years of age or older and…
  • Have a valid driver’s license or an approved safety education certificate.

You may not operate your OHRV or snowmobile to cross an interstate highway, toll road, or limited-access highway. Other public ways may have permitted crossing points.

To cross legally at a permitted crossing point, you must:

  • Bring the OHRV or snowmobile to a complete stop before entering any part of the public way, including the shoulder.
  • Yield the right-of-way to all traffic on the public way.
  • Cross at a 90-degree angle, at a location without any obstructions to crossing safely and quickly.


traveled portion
All areas of a public highway between the plowed snowbanks