When operating an OHRV or a snowmobile, you must:
- Yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, horseback riders, and other trail users.
- Turn to the right and reduce your speed to avoid a collision when you are meeting vehicles coming from the opposite direction.
- Bring your vehicle to a stop and give your name and address when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer or a landowner.
A person under 18 years of age may not carry passengers on an ATV.
Accepting OHRV Risks
Operators and passengers should understand that OHRV operation may be hazardous. According to New Hampshire law, all OHRV operators and passengers:
- Accept the dangers inherent in the sport and…
- May not take any action against the owner, occupant, or lessee of the land for any injuries that result from these inherent risks, dangers, or hazards.