Skip to main content

Course Outline

Topographic maps are available at many outdoor stores or may be obtained from:

U.S. Geological Survey
Branch of Distribution
P.O. Box 25286
Federal Center
Denver, CO 80225

National Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs) show forest road networks and restrictions. They are available from the U.S. Forest Service.

To locate Canadian trail maps, contact the snowmobile organization for the province or territory where you plan to operate your snowmobile. A map of the Trans-Canadian Snowmobile Trail can be found at

Topographic Map
  • Unit 8 of 9
  • Topic 2 of 4
  • Page 1 of 7