Loading and Securing Your Snowmobile
- Load the snowmobile with a winch or with help from others. If you have a tilt bed, you also can drive the snowmobile onto the trailer.
- Fasten the snowmobile tightly to prevent it from moving in any direction.
- Use a bar to secure the front end.
- Ideally, use a chain with a ratchet-type load binder to fasten the rear end.
- Place the snowmobile on the trailer so that about 60% of the load weight is in front of the trailer’s axle.
- Latch the trailer bed securely after loading, and check periodically during a long trip to make sure it stays latched.
- When you unload, release all tie downs and keep them in a safe place. Tilt the bed, and pull the snowmobile off backward.