- Slow down and watch for others at night or in low-light conditions.
- Be cautious on overcast days.
- Establish a point of reference when riding on large, open fields after dark. Estimating distances and directions may be difficult.
Don’t Overdrive Your Headlights
Accidents occurring at night usually involve vehicles running into trees, rocks, fences, or other stationary objects. Typically, these objects come into view unexpectedly in your headlight beam. It's important to drive slowly so that you have time to recognize the danger and react.
- The stopping distance at this speed for an ATV is about 180 feet.
- The stopping distance at this speed for a snowmobile is about 220 feet.