Carrying Alcohol on a Vehicle
It is illegal for the operator of an OHRV or a snowmobile to carry alcohol while seated on or in the vehicle.
- The only exception is for alcohol that is in its original container and the seal is unbroken.
- Partially filled containers must be carried in the storage compartment of the OHRV or snowmobile. The container must be securely capped.
- If the vehicle does not have a storage compartment, the container must be stored where it is least accessible to the operator.
- Those who violate this law:
- May receive a fine of $150 and...
- May have their driver’s license/operating privileges revoked for up to one year.