Skip to main content
- Use the sitting position.
- Sit as far back on the seat as possible.
- Stay focused and be prepared to stop—losing control is the greatest hazard.
- Do not release the clutch. Keep the clutch engaged to help you slow down.
- Pump the brake (alternately squeezing and releasing the brake) every few seconds to maintain a slow speed or stop. Applying a hard brake abruptly can cause the snowmobile to slide.
- If you are at the top of a hill and other snowmobiles are coming up, let them pass you before going down.
- Unit 5 of 9
- Topic 2 of 2
- Page 3 of 8