About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Arizona Offroad Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Arizona OHV Safety Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

If you want to operate your OHV on paved or maintained roads, you must “register” your OHV to be “street legal.”

  • The OHV must be designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain and have an unladen weight of 1,800 pounds or less.
  • The OHV must display the Arizona OHV decal.
  • You must affirm that your vehicle is equipped for highway use.
  • Registered vehicles must comply with mandatory insurance requirements.
  • Vehicle emissions testing requirements may apply.

Depending on how you plan to operate your OHV in Arizona, two registration options are available.

  • Option 1: If you operate primarily off-highway, your vehicle is eligible for a waiver of the registration fee and a reduced Vehicle License Tax of $3.00 (normally higher). The OHV owner may request a free motor vehicle registration when paying for the OHV decal.
  • Option 2: If you operate primarily on improved roads and highways (such as city driving), you are required to register your vehicle through the standard vehicle registration process, including payment of all fees.