Don't Drink and Ride
- Don’t drink and ride. Studies have found that riders had consumed alcohol in:
- Many OHV fatalities.
- Fourteen percent of all reported accidents.
- Alcohol depresses the central nervous system, affects judgment, and slows reaction time.
- Alcohol makes it difficult to pay attention, especially to multiple tasks.
- Most people become slightly intoxicated after only one drink.
- Over-the-counter drugs, as well as prescription drugs like tranquilizers and barbiturates, have effects similar to alcohol.
- Marijuana reduces your ability to see at night and slows your reflexes.