Skip to main content
- Wear your protective ATV gear—helmet, goggles, gloves, and boots.
- Use a winch to load the ATV whenever you can. Many accidents and even deaths have been caused by driving an ATV up a too-steep ramp.
- Use a high-quality ramp with a rated load capacity that can withstand the combined weight of the ATV and its rider.
- Attach the ramp securely to the trailer or pickup using straps or chains. If you have separate left and right ramps, space them properly for your ATV.
- Approach the ramp in first gear so that you can climb it easily. Engage four-wheel drive in low gear, if applicable.
- Ride straight up the ramp. It’s easy to drop a wheel off the side of a narrow ramp.
- Unit 2 of 7
- Topic 7 of 9
- Page 3 of 4