Climbing hills can be dangerous if you don't follow the proper procedures as described in your owner's manual. You could lose control of your machine, or it could overturn.
In general, you should:
- Always use good judgment. If the hill looks too steep, it probably is.
- Start the climb by shifting into a lower gear. Speed up to maintain momentum.
- Move up on the seat and lean forward, or stand and position your torso over the front wheels to keep them down and in contact with the ground.
- Keep your feet on the footrests.
- If you can’t see what’s over the crest of a hill, slow down until you can.