When riding on trails:
- Use caution when riding from sunny to shaded areas on a trail. Your eyes may not adjust quickly enough to see rocks or ruts in the shade.
- Ride within your limits. Avoid trails that are beyond the capabilities of your machine or your skill level. One difficult section on an otherwise easy trail makes it beyond your limits.
- For maximum safety, keep your headlight on so that oncoming riders can see you easily.
- Keep to the right on trails, and yield to uphill traffic.
- To avoid collisions on blind curves, stay on the trail while keeping to the right side.