Skip to main content
Securing the ATV
- Balance your trailer by centering the ATV slightly behind the axle.
- Set the parking brake on the ATV.
- Use tie-down straps. Ropes may stretch during transport.
- Use four straps whenever possible, front and back on both sides. Never use fewer than three straps.
- Cinch the straps as tightly as possible. Shake the ATV, and make sure it’s secure. The tires should look like they’re carrying weight.
- Loop any excess strap length below the trailer or pickup.
- When using a pickup, close the tailgate if possible.
Driving With a Trailer
- Drive at moderate speeds, and avoid sudden maneuvers.
- Allow for the added length and weight of the trailer.
- Make wider turns at corners and curves.
- Allow extra time and distance for stopping and for passing other vehicles.
- On long trips, pull over every hour to check the towing equipment.
- Unit 2 of 7
- Topic 7 of 9
- Page 4 of 4