First, consult your owner’s manual for proper operating instructions.
- Point the OHV in a safe direction, or ensure it is in a safe position to start.
- Put the transmission in neutral or park.
- Set the parking brake (if so equipped).
- Turn on the fuel valve (where applicable).
- Make sure that the engine stop switch is in the “run” or “on” position.
- If equipped with a choke, turn it to the “on” position if the engine is cold.
- Start the engine.
After the engine is warmed up:
- Apply the hand brake.
- Release the parking brake.
- Shift into gear.
- Release the hand brake, and apply the throttle slowly.