To prevent accidents:
- Take an OHV safety course.
- Supervise young and/or inexperienced operators.
- Wear a Department of Transportation–approved helmet with goggles.
- Check the weather before riding.
- Don’t cross frozen water.
- Never travel alone.
- Tell a friend or family member about any long trips. Leave behind a copy of your travel plan, a map of the area, and a time schedule.
- Never use drugs or alcohol while operating.
- Learn and observe Arizona laws, local ordinances, and/or the local land management agency’s rules and regulations.