Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Massachusetts law prohibits anyone from operating an OHV while under the influence alcohol or drugs.
Under Massachusetts law, you are "under the influence" if you:
- Are 21 years of age or older and have a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher as determined by a chemical test or analysis of your breath.
- Are under 21 years of age and have a blood alcohol concentration of 0.02% or higher as determined by a chemical test or analysis of your breath.
Those convicted of operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs will:
- Be fined not less than $500 or more than $5,000 and…
- Receive driver's license restrictions, suspensions, or penalties and…
- Have their vehicle impounded.