All OHVs operated on public or private property must be registered through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Registrations are valid for two years for residents and one year for non-residents.
Out-of-state OHV registrations are not valid in Massachusetts.
You may register in person at a registration office or online. You will need to provide:
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (if vehicle was purchased new)
- Bill of sale
- Proof of payment of sales tax
- Vehicle identification number
- Required fee
- Properly completed and signed application form
After receiving the appropriate documents and registration fee, the state will issue registration decals and a registration card containing the vehicle number.
For questions regarding OHV registration:
- Contact your local Massachusetts Environmental Police office.
- Call 617-626-1610.
- Visit the Massachusetts ATV and Snowmobile Registration website.