Consult your owner’s manual for the proper technique to turn your ATV. At low to moderate speeds, you should:
- Move your body weight forward, and lean in the direction of the turn.
- Turn the handlebars while looking where you are turning.
- If your ATV starts to tip while turning, lean your body farther into the turn while gradually reducing speed.
- Increase your speed slightly as you come out of the turn.
Leaning Into a Turn
Always slide forward before you lean into a turn. If your ATV has a solid rear axle or a locked differential rear axle, use these techniques.
- For slow turns, slide forward and to the outside—then lean into the turn.
- For fast turns, slide forward and to the inside—then lean into the turn.