You may not operate an ATV, UTV, or OHM in a careless manner that endangers a person or property.
- You must slow your ATV, UTV, or OHM to 10 mph or less when you are riding within:
- 100 feet of a person who is not on an ATV/UTV, snowmobile, or motorcycle, or in a motor vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, slowing for anglers, hikers, bicyclists, joggers, horses, etc.
- 100 feet of an ice fishing shanty (ice shack).
- 150 feet of a home or dwelling.
- You must not operate an ATV, UTV, or OHM at speeds that:
- Are unreasonable or improper or…
- Exceed the posted speed limits.
- You must not operate your ATV, UTV, or OHM on private property unless you have permission from the property’s owner or lessee.
- Local rules also may exist that regulate hours, days, or season of ATV, UTV, or OHM operation. Check locally for these restrictions.