Climbing and traversing hills is part of the fun of riding an ATV. (Note: Review the techniques for “Riding Uphill” and “Traversing a Slope” so that you’ll know what to do if you stall going up or start to tip over as you traverse the hill.)
- Start by accelerating at the base of the hill.
- If necessary, shift into a lower gear to maintain momentum.
- Turn your ATV to the left, making an arc over the face of the hill.
- Continue to turn until you're headed back down the hill.
- Shift into a lower gear, and apply your brakes to slow down.
- Repeat; however, this time turn in the opposite direction.