Skip to main content

Course Outline

  • Any Conservation Warden, officer of the state patrol, inspector, county sheriff, or municipal peace officer may enforce ATV, UTV, and OHM laws.
  • You may not refuse to stop your machine after being requested or signaled to do so by a law enforcement officer.
  • You may not refuse to allow your ATV, UTV, or OHM to be inspected by a law enforcement officer for suspected exhaust violations or other suspected equipment violations.

Local Ordinances

Counties, cities, towns, and villages may regulate ATV, UTV, and OHM operation (including hours, trail temperature/condition restrictions, and times of the year) on trails or routes by creating local laws. The ordinances must be on file with the DNR. Check locally for the specific laws.

  • Unit 7 of 7
  • Topic 4 of 4
  • Page 8 of 8