Responding After an Accident
If an accident results in death, personal injury, or property damage, the operator of the ATV must stop and give to the other party or to a police officer:
- The name and address of the operator and …
- The name and address of the ATV's owner and …
- The registration number of the ATV.
If neither a police officer nor the person who was damaged is present, the operator must report the accident immediately to the nearest law enforcement agency.
An operator of an ATV also must send a written accident report to the DCNR within seven days if the accident resulted in:
- Injury or death of a person or …
- Estimated property damage of $100 or more.
Accident forms are available from the DCNR Bureau of Forestry, Bureau of State Park Offices, and state police stations. They also can be printed from the DCNR website.