The titling requirements for an ATV depend on how the vehicle is used and who owns it.
In Pennsylvania, all ATVs must have a certificate of title. Exempt from titling are ATVs that:
- Are used exclusively as utility vehicles for agricultural or business operations.
- Were bought or acquired before October 23, 2001.
- Are owned by the federal, state, or local government.
- Are owned by a nonresident of Pennsylvania.
- Are owned by a resident of Pennsylvania but are registered and used in another state.
The fee for a title is $22.50. The title does not expire unless you transfer ownership of the vehicle.
The certificate of title application form is the same form used to apply for ATV registration.