About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the Pennsylvania Offroad Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your ATV Safety Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

The titling requirements for an ATV depend on how the vehicle is used and who owns it.

In Pennsylvania, all ATVs must have a certificate of title. Exempt from titling are ATVs that:

  • Are used exclusively as utility vehicles for agricultural or business operations.
  • Were bought or acquired before October 23, 2001.
  • Are owned by the federal, state, or local government.
  • Are owned by a nonresident of Pennsylvania.
  • Are owned by a resident of Pennsylvania but are registered and used in another state.

The fee for a title is $22.50. The title does not expire unless you transfer ownership of the vehicle.

The certificate of title application form is the same form used to apply for ATV registration.