About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the Pennsylvania Offroad Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your ATV Safety Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

The insurance requirements for an ATV depend on the type of registration.

All ATVs with general registration must have liability insurance coverage. The insurance must be issued by an insurance carrier who is authorized to do business in Pennsylvania.

ATVs with limited registration are not required to have liability insurance.

For ATVs that are required to have insurance, the operator must carry proof of insurance on the ATV whenever the vehicle is being operated.