Safety Education and Age Requirements
- Persons under 18 years of age may not operate an OHV while carrying a passenger, even on OHVs designed for two or more people.
- Persons at least 10 years of age but under the age of 18 must be visually supervised at all times by a parent, legal guardian, or a person over the age of 18 who has a valid driver's license unless:
- The operator is at least 13 years of age and possesses a valid motorcycle license and a safety education permit or…
- The operator is at least 15 years of age and possesses a valid driver's license, instructional permit, or provisional license and a safety education permit.
- Persons under the age of 10 may operate an OHV only if the operator is:
- Visually supervised at all times by a parent, a legal guardian, or instructor of a safety training course certified by the Department of Game and Fish and…
- Operating an all-terrain vehicle or recreational off-highway vehicle that is an age-appropriate size-fit vehicle established by rule of the Department and…
- Carrying a safety education permit.
- No person under 6 years of age shall operate an ATV on public land.