It is illegal to operate unless in possession of the OHV registration certificate or nonresident permit.
It is illegal to operate an OHV:
- In a careless, reckless, or negligent manner so as to endanger the person or property of another
- While under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- To hunt any animal or bird protected by law
- In a way that interferes with agricultural practices or harasses livestock
- On or within an earthen tank or other structure meant to water livestock or wildlife, unless on a designated off-highway motor vehicle route
- In excess of 10 miles per hour within 200 feet of a business, animal shelter, horseback rider, bicyclist, pedestrian, or occupied dwelling, unless operating the OHV on a closed course or track