OHVs may not be operated on:
- Limited access highways or freeways at any time, even for crossing
- Land that is owned, controlled, or administered by the New Mexico Game Commission or the New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department
- Private lands or roads, unless with the express permission of the landholder or leaseholder
- Land prohibited under local, state, or federal rules or regulations
- Paved streets or highways, except for crossing. When crossing a paved street or highway, an OHV:
- Must come to a complete stop prior to entering the roadway for crossing.
- Must yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic.
- Shall begin a crossing only when it can be executed safely.
- Must cross in the most direct manner as close to a perpendicular angle as possible.