Skip to main content

Course Outline

Operating Street-Legal ATVs

You may modify an ATV to make it street legal and then operate it on designated public highways. For information on the requirements for an ATV to be street legal, contact the Utah State Parks and Recreation Department at 801-538-RIDE.

Obeying Law Enforcement Officers

All Utah peace officers enforce the OHV laws and regulations.

Responding After an Accident

If you are involved in an accident, you must:

  • Stop and render aid.
  • Give the other party your name, address, and the registration number and owner’s name of the OHV you’re riding.
  • Immediately notify a law enforcement officer and file a report within 15 days with the Division of Parks and Recreation if the injury or damage is significant.
  • Unit 8 of 8
  • Topic 2 of 2
  • Page 6 of 6