Correct Posture for All Riding Positions
To ride an ATV safely, you need to learn how to position your body properly as you maneuver through various types of terrain. Mastering the basic riding positions is a major key to your success.
- To make sure that you can shift your weight quickly when necessary and reach the controls easily, always maintain proper posture:
- Head up and eyes looking far ahead
- Hands on the handlebars
- Feet on the footrests, toes pointing straight ahead
- Removing one hand or foot reduces your ability to control the ATV and can cause you to lose your balance and fall off.
- Removing your feet from the footrests or dragging your feet on the ground can result in serious injury if your feet get under the rear wheels.