IC 9-18.1-14-1; IC 9-18.1-14-3; IC 9-18.1-14-4;
IC 9-18.1-14-5; IC 14-16-1-32
- If you operate an ORV on public or private property, regardless of when the ORV was purchased, the ORV must be registered. An ORV is required to be registered in Indiana unless it is registered in another state and operated by a resident of that state for a period not to exceed 20 days in a calendar year, or a vehicle operated by a non-resident of Indiana that is not registered but displays an annual non-resident trail use tag and is being operated on designated trails and properties owned and managed by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- Registration is $30 for three years.
- Registration can be completed at all Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicle (BMV) license branches. Registration renewal is available online at myBMV for ORVs that are properly titled or are not required to be titled, and for most snowmobiles.
- Upon approval of the application, the BMV will issue two registration decals and a Certificate of Registration containing the vehicle number.
- The pocket-sized Certificate of Registration must be carried on the vehicle and made available for inspection by law enforcement officers.
- A bill of sale will serve in lieu of the Certificate of Registration for 45 days from the purchase date.
- Registration decals must be attached to both sides of the forward half of the vehicle.
- All decals must be maintained in a legible condition, and expired decals must be removed from the vehicle.