Skip to main content
- The owner of a registered vehicle must notify the DNR within 15 days if:
- The vehicle is destroyed or abandoned or…
- The vehicle is sold, or an interest in the vehicle is transferred wholly or in part to another person or…
- The owner’s address changes.
- If a Certificate of Registration is lost, mutilated, or illegible, the owner of the vehicle may purchase a duplicate from the DNR for a fee.
- A person may not operate a vehicle with an altered, defaced, or obliterated vehicle number.
- Unit 8 of 8
- Topic 1 of 2
- Page 3 of 4