Skip to main content
Skip audio player
- Keep your hips over or slightly in front of the footpegs. Lean your upper body forward.
- Press your feet down and back into the footpegs, which will help you counter the force pushing you rearward.
- Practice shifting until you can coordinate the throttle, clutch, and shifter into one smooth, quick motion.
- Run through acceleration drills to improve your control skills.
- Accelerate hard until you reach third gear.
- Stop accelerating.
- Apply the brakes.
- Come to a complete stop.
- Repeat steps 1–4. As your skills improve, you will notice the following.
- Step 3 comes closer to Step 2 until they occur at the same time.
- Step 4 occurs much closer to Step 3.
- Unit 7 of 8
- Topic 4 of 4
- Page 4 of 6