Turning in a Large Oval
Place two markers 60 feet apart and ride around the outside of the markers in an oval pattern. Stay in first gear and lean into the turn. Ride a few times in one direction and then the other. Remember to:
- Keep your feet on the footrests.
- Look straight ahead, concentrating on your path.
- Slow as you approach the turn, and gradually increase your speed as you exit.
- Shift your body weight forward, and lean into the turn.
- Lean farther into the turn if you feel you are tipping.
- If your turns are too wide, slow down more before the turn and lean farther into the turn.