Who Needs to Register?
OHVs being used for recreation on public lands in Nevada are required to display a valid OHV registration. An OHV is exempt from this law if it:
- Is owned and operated by a federal agency; an agency of Nevada; or a county, incorporated city, or unincorporated town in Nevada.
- Is part of the inventory of a dealer of OHVs.
- Is registered or certified in another state and is located in Nevada for not more than 60 days.
- Is used solely for husbandry on private land or on public land that is leased to or used under a permit issued to the owner or operator of the OHV.
- Is used for work conducted by or at the direction of a public or private utility.
- Was manufactured before January 1, 1976.