Noise from an OHV may chase deer and elk away from other hunters. If you are using an OHV for hunting, follow these guidelines.
- Know the regulations regarding vehicle use for the area where you are hunting.
- Use your OHV to get close to your hunting area before shooting hours and then hunt on foot.
- Retrieve harvested big game between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Maintain your OHV to reduce noise and exhaust emissions.
- Limit OHV use in and around campgrounds.
- Remember that it is illegal to:
- Harass, drive, or pursue game with a vehicle.
- Hunt, fish, or trap on private land that is cultivated or posted unless you have the landowner’s permission.
- Hunt from any motorized vehicle unless you are handicapped and have a valid Motor Vehicle Hunting Permit.