To ride an ATV safely, you need to learn how to position your body properly as you maneuver through various types of terrain. Mastering the basic riding positions is a major key to your success.
- To make sure that you can shift your weight quickly when necessary and reach the controls easily, always maintain proper posture:
- Head up and eyes looking far ahead
- Hands on the handlebars
- Feet on the footrests, toes pointing straight ahead
- Removing one hand or foot reduces your ability to control the ATV and can cause you to lose your balance and fall off.
- Removing your feet from the footrests or dragging your feet on the ground can result in serious injury if your feet get under the rear wheels.