To operate on designated motorized trails in Montana, your OHV must be registered.
- To register an OHV in Montana, go to your local County Treasurer’s office and pay the required registration fees. The County Treasurer then will issue a registration decal.
- The registration decal must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle.
- Anyone who does not display the decal is guilty of a misdemeanor and may be fined.
- If a decal is lost or becomes illegible, the vehicle’s owner must apply for a duplicate immediately and pay a fee.
- Your OHV registration remains valid as long as you own the OHV.
- An OHV that is used only on private property is exempt from the registration requirements.