Speed, Distance, and Hours Restrictions
You may not operate an ATV in a careless manner that endangers a person or property.
- You must slow your ATV to 10 mph or less when you are riding an ATV within:
- 100 feet of a person who is not on an ATV, snowmobile, or motorcycle, or in a motor vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, slowing for anglers, hikers, bicyclists, joggers, horses, etc.
- 100 feet of an ice fishing shanty (ice shack).
- 150 feet of a home or dwelling.
- You must not operate an ATV at speeds that are unreasonable or improper.
- Local rules also may exist that regulate hours, days, or season of ATV operation. Check locally for these restrictions.