Climbing hills can be dangerous if you don't follow the proper procedures as described in your owner's manual. You could lose control of your ATV, or it could overturn.
In general, you should:
- Use good judgment. If the hill looks too steep for your ATV or your abilities, it probably is.
- Start the climb by shifting into a lower gear and then speeding up to maintain momentum.
- Move up on the seat and lean forward, or stand and position your torso over the front wheels.
- Keep your weight uphill and your feet on the footrests.
- If you can't see what is on or over the crest of a hill, slow down until you have a clear view.