Performing a K-Turn
If you lose all forward momentum while climbing a hill, perform a K-turn.
- Keep your weight forward and apply the brakes. Do not let the ATV roll backward.
- Set the parking brake while keeping your weight forward.
- Dismount on the uphill side of the ATV.
- Shift the ATV into neutral, and turn off engine.
- Hold the front brake, and disengage the parking brake.
- Turn the handlebars sharply towards the middle of the hill.
- Slowly release the front brake until the ATV rolls around parallel with the side of the hill.
- Set the parking brake, and start the engine.
- Mount the ATV from the uphill side, keeping your weight uphill.
- Point the front wheels downhill and disengage the parking brake.
- Slowly ride downhill, shifting your weight to the rear of the ATV.