Loading the ATV
When using a trailer, make sure it's hitched securely to the towing vehicle. Otherwise, the trailer may tip backward and forward as you load the ATV.
- Wear your protective ATV gear—helmet, goggles, gloves, and boots.
- Use high-quality ramps with a rated load capacity that can withstand the combined weight of the ATV and its rider.
- Underrated ramps may buckle, causing the ATV to tip over or ram the back of the trailer or pickup.
- Hitting a ramp at high speed also can cause buckling.
- Attach the ramp securely to the trailer or pickup using straps or chains.
- Approach the ramp in first gear so that you can climb it easily. Activate four-wheel drive low, if applicable.